Thursday 13 November 2008

7 Bookish things about me




Oh thanks so much Heather for tagging me !

Here I go:

1. I used to read a book a day....sometimes more :-) But now I have this evil day job that keeps me so busy and tired that I am lucky to read a book every couple of weeks.

2. I hate books that have inaccurate information in them. If it's set in Medieval England they DON'T USE THE WORD "OKAY"! And as far as medical stuff...why don't people know that using peroxide on a wound is likely to cause more damage than good???

3. It really annoys me when I read a typo in a book, but some are worse than others. The other day I was reading a Nora book, and the name of the heroine was mistakenly replaced with the villains. It took me right out of the story! Sorry Nora...but hey, it is annoying :-)

4. I rarely get rid of my books. I keep most of them forever :-) . I can't bear to part with them, even if I have only read them once.

5. I am really picky about who I will lend a book to. I have leant so many books in the past to people who never give them back. I know that they don't mean it, and sometimes can't even remember borrowing them, but to me, a book is a precious item and I want to know it is going to come back.

6.I really really hate it when people turn down the corner of a page in a book. It destroys the paper over time! This is why I have a huge assortment of bookmarks, train tickets, business cards, postcards, or whatever is handy to use as a bookmark.

7. I refuse to read a series out of sequence. I have to do it in order or I can't read any of them at all.

Okay, now I think I am going to annoy my friends if I tag them again....so I might just call for volunteers :-)

Let me know if you want to take up the challenge and I will link to you :-)

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for playing, Maggie! RE:

1. I miss the days I could read 300 pages in one day, 4 or 5 days a week. Definitely not that fast a reader anymore!

2. Umm...probably because an entire generation (or two) was brought up being told to disinfect with peroxide?

3. Yes! I recently caught a continuity error in an NR. In one chapter the heroine gets a ride into work, then is suddenly driving back home in the car she left at home.

4. Same here. Which has become quite a space issue. I did recently send a couple of boxes to one of my sisters, but I still have a ton of books, both read and unread.

7. That is irritating. If I discover a book is in the middle of a series I will try to go back and find the first, but really prefer to read in order.