Wednesday 24 April 2013

WEDNESDAY WISDOM- How to make the perfect coffee with Paloma Beck

Today please welcome Paloma Beck - she's talking about two things very close to my heart - coffee and erotic romance. I have to say, her cover is amazing! And I love love love that excerpt!  Will seems like my kind of hero! Enjoy!


****

I love all things coffee, espresso best of all. Like 54% of Americans, I drink at least one cup a day. Like 65% of those coffee drinkers, I consume my coffee during breakfast hours. Each weekday, I start my day with a latte because like 60% of those same coffee drinkers, I need coffee to start my day!

Since I work from home, it makes sense to make my own coffee rather than head out for a cup. Still, I prefer a latte to a straight cup of coffee so I’ve learned to make my own perfect homemade latte.

Today, I’m sharing the secret of my perfection with you.

Making Lattes at Home without an Espresso Machine


    •    Brew some very strong coffee. Double-strong works, or if you have espresso, you can use that as well. You can even brew using a Keurig if you use that type of coffee brewer.
    •    Heat up 1-cup milk in a saucepan on the stovetop using medium heat. Don’t over boil! I recommend 2% milk (though whole milk gives you a creamier latte and nonfat milk is a healthier substitute).
    •    Whisk milk over the stovetop with a whisk. I use a battery-powered whipper that I found at Bed, Bath & Beyond. You want to "froth" the milk so it appears fluffy.
    •    Pour your coffee or espresso into a mug to about halfway.
    •    Keeping the foam in your saucepan, gently pour the milk into the mug. Once most of the milk has been poured into the mug, layer the milk foam on top.
    •    You can flavor your latte with a little vanilla extract, cinnamon, caramel sauce for a sweet treat.

NOW since I love coffee so much, what better job for my newest heroine than a barista? In Hold My Hand, Aubrey meets William at the coffee shop where she makes his coffee every morning. Like only 35% of coffee drinkers, William only drinks black coffee – the same as my husband. There’s just something about a man who drinks his coffee straight up…


  Hold My Hand
is an erotic contemporary BDSM-lite romance about Aubrey, a young woman filled with hurt, and William, a man who can't walk away. They're navigating through a relationship that may have too many hurdles... or perhaps not, as long as she can hold his hand.

Hold My Hand hints at the heroine’s childhood experiences of emotional abuse. Aubrey has been hurt in the past, discouraged and degraded by a heartless father. Still, William sees something in her that won't allow him to walk away. Instantly drawn to her but intuitive enough to take it slowly, he courts her. Then he bargains, persuades and seduces until he ensnares Aubrey with his commanding nature.

Hold My Hand introduces the heroine to domestic discipline. Despite the fight she puts up in accepting William's lifestyle, the bonds he places on Aubrey give her a freedom she desperately needs. In this most unlikely way, together, they heal old wounds and find their perfect love.

Enjoy an EXCERPT ©Paloma Beck, 2013

“Stop right there, little elf, before our fun afternoon turns into a session in obedience. Do not belittle yourself. No more of that,” William held my chin as he spoke. He knew as well as I did that I would’ve ducked my head at the reprimand. He kissed me lightly before whispering, “You’re perfect to me.”

I shook my head. I couldn’t help my response. It was so ingrained in me that I was unworthy that accepting his words as truth was near impossible. William squeezed my jaw enough to be uncomfortable. “Repeat after me,” he said. “I am perfect.”

I pulled back, hoping he’d let me go and knowing at the same time it wasn’t likely. “I can’t.” Tears began to pool in my eyes and I blinked to hold them back.

“I’m going to hold your hand every step of the way until you realize just how perfect you are,” William breathed the words into my ear as one hand remained on my chin while the other stroked my hair. “Now, repeat it. I am perfect.”

The pause was too long and I heard William growl so I whispered, “I am prefect.”

“You are perfect,” he said as he looked into my eyes, “Say it again.”

“I am perfect,” I whispered again, uncomfortable and fidgeting with my hands.

“Louder,” William commanded. His voice wrought with the tone of a man with whom you shouldn’t argue.

“I am perfect,” I said with an indoor voice my kindergarten teacher would approve of.

“You are perfect. Now louder still.”

“Will…” he shook his head and my words immediately stopped.

“Repeat the words, Aubrey, just the words. We’re going to do this until you believe them.”

“I won…” again, he cut my words off with the shake of his head and a stern look.

Tears blurred my sight as I continued to blink them away but succeeded only in pushing them down my cheeks. Once they began to fall, I couldn’t seem to stop them. I wanted so badly to stop them before he became angry with me. I kept my gaze averted. I looked at my feet, afraid of the sight of William mad.

“Look at me,” William used his thumb to pull my chin up again. “Look. At. Me.” His sternly spoken words set me on edge but I followed his command. When my eyes met his, I saw something I couldn’t comprehend. I saw sympathy. I saw understanding. I saw hope. He wasn’t angry but he watched me carefully.

Then he smiled at my surprise.

“I’m not angry with your tears. They’re beautiful to me. But right now, we’re working at you acknowledging that beauty. Repeat after to me. I am perfect.”

I swallowed and when I spoke, my voice was scratchy but audible. “I am perfect.”

William leaned in and kissed the tip of my nose. “Again, sweet Aubrey.”

“I am perfect.”

HOLD MY HAND

Genre: Erotic Contemporary Romance
Elements: Domestic Discipline, Bondage
Release Date: April 1, 2013
Cover Design: Erin Dameron-Hill Graphics
Website Pinterest Facebook Goodreads

BUY LINKS

Smashwords  Amazon  Amazon UK  Barnes & Noble  Kobo  All Romance eBooks

About Paloma

Paloma Beck is a Romance Author living a life of contradiction... she's a happily married carpooling mom writing erotic romance. It's almost naughty! Paloma writes in both the Contemporary and Paranormal realms, journaling the stories her characters tell her, and they are anything but PG. She dabbles in vampires, witches, ménage, spanking and bdsm - all in her books, of course.
Paloma believes a daily dose of espresso and a good book make any day better.

WEBSITE  TUMBLR  BLOG TWITTER  FACEBOOK  PINTEREST  GOODREADS  AMAZON

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting me today, Maggie.

I hope readers try the recipe and enjoy it as much as I do... maybe while reading Hold My Hand! ;)

Cara Bristol said...

Thanks for the info. Did not know how to make a latte without an espresso machine.

Unknown said...

Oh my, I'm a big espresso drinker! Love it. Now I want one!