It's a huge pleasure for me to do this, especially since it's been a while since I had a book out. I actually have a new book to talk about! Who would have thought?
So without further ado:
1) What is the working title of your next book?
It's called KINKY BET
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
One of the great things about being a writer is that you can live vicariously through your characters. I guess a lot of what I'm curious about, I'm probably too chicken to actually do myself, so what better way to explore my fantasies than to write them into a story. The story started as a sort of TRUTH or DARE situation, but I took it one step further :-)
3) What genre does your book fall under?
It's contemporary BDSM :-) See, I told you it was about my fantasies!
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
That's easy. My hero - Conal Brennan, is a sexy Irishman with chocolate brown eyes and shaggy brown hair. He's definitely Colin Farrell. For my heroine Erica Neilsen - she's conservative on the surface, but underneath she's all fire. I think Scarlett Johannsen would be perfect.
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Who knew losing a bet could be so much fun?
6) Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?
It's been contracted for publication next April with Total-e-bound Publishing :-)
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Too long! I started it about a year ago, but then real life, moving to a new city and other stuff got in the way. When I got back in to it I wrote the bulk of it in about 3 weeks.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
I'm not really comfortable comparing my story to others. There are so many fantastic authors who write BDSM, and one day I'd love to be considered along with their work. I will say that the BDSM in this book is light, and includes a loving relationship, so if you read Cherise Sinclair, Qwillia Rain or Sierra Cartwright, then it's a similar level of kink.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
No one in particular. I guess I have a dirty mind :-)
10) What else about the book might pique the reader's interest?
There's my Reader Advisory...that might do it!
This book contains scenes of light BDSM, spanking, bondage, voyeurism, group sex, public sex, M/F/M, some F/F action and a whole lot of kink!
Unfortunately you'll have to wait until next Feb to pre-order, or March to buy if you're a VIP customer at Total-e-bound. Or last resort - April!
Okay, now I have to tag 5 new authors to take the baton next week!
Don't forget to head on over to their blogs NEXT WEDNESDAY and check out their NEXT BEST THINGS!
Here you go folks! So far I have: Kate Belle, Andra Ashe , Georgiana Louis, Dawn Montgomery and S.Dora!