Wednesday 5 September 2007

Peter's Rules

I know these have done the rounds before, but I found them again on my computer today and re read them.

Let me know which ones ring true for you...

I love number 16...but several of them resonate with me.

I hope everyone has a great week!


Peter's Rules

1) If anything can go wrong, Fix It! (To hell with Murphy.)
2) When given a choice, Take Both!
3) Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
4) Start at the top and work your way up.
5) Do it by the book...but be the author!
6) When forced to compromise, ask for more.
7) If you can't beat them, join them--then beat them!
8) If it's worth doing it's got to be done right now!
9) If you can't win, change the rules.
10) If you can't change the rules, then ignore them.
11) Perfection is not optional.
12) When faced without a challenge, make one.
13) 'No' simply means begin again at one higher level.
14) Don't walk when you can run.
15) Bureaucracy is a challenge to be conquered with a righteous attitude, a tolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary.
16) When in doubt: Think!
17) Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
18) The squeaky wheel gets replaced.
19) The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live.

4 comments:

Toni Anderson said...

I like 11 :)

Tempest Knight said...

Oooh... these are great! I'll have to print them and put them where I can see them every day. :)

Bethanne said...

I like number 2!
I can't agree with number 19. Boy the days fly! Maybe 19 has some deeper meaning I don't get, eh? LOL

Great list.
Rememer that the tortoise won the race! You're doing great and you'll have a good week... Positive thinking coming your way.

Maggie Nash said...

Thanks Morgan!

Yep....this is going to be a better week!